Android devices come in a number of ‘flavors’ but these directions should be very much the same on all Android devices:
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wireless and Networks.
- Touch Wi-Fi Settings.
- Touch BereaSecure
- If you are prompted for a password for credential storage at this point, or if you get a message stating “You must set a lock screen PIN or password before you can use credential storage”, please proceed to the section below and then return here and continue.
- Leave all the top fields the way they are and scroll down to the bottom.
- In the Identity field enter your network user name (not your email address.)
- Leave the Anonymous Identity field blank.
- In the Password field enter your network password.
- Touch the Save button to save your credentials and you will be connected to the network!
Setting a credential password:
If you do not already have a password set you may be prompted for a credential storage password. This is required in order to connect to wireless networks with enterprise security and you can set this up by doing the following:
- Open the phone settings
- Choose “Security”
- Choose “Set Password” (this may be a PIN or a password depending on your version of Android OS.)
- Return to step 6 above.
NOTE: This will pop up on your screen when you attempt to connect to the BereaSecure networks, so please be sure to set a password that you will remember easily.