Using a laptop computer:
- Turn your WiFi adapter off, wait 5 seconds, and then turn it on again. (Sometimes Windows-based clients need a full reset of the WiFi adapter before they can properly negotiate a secure connection.)
- Reboot your computer and then try to connect to BereaSecure
- Remove the profile* for BereaSecure and attempt to connect again. If you are not sure how to do this we would be glad to help you, just stop by with your device whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Mac users only: Delete the keychain entry for BereaSecure and then attempt to connect again.
* this process varies from one device to the next – if you are not familiar with this process please bring your device to the TRC Help Desk for assistance.
Using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod:
- Touch Settings
- Touch General
- Scroll down and touch Reset (Don’t Panic!)
- Touch Reset Network Settings (this clears ONLY your wireless network settings)
- Try to connect to the BereaSecure network again once the device is ready.
If this does not work, please try the following:
- Touch Settings.
- Touch WiFi.
- Move the WiFi slider to On (if it is not already in that position.)
- For each wireless network in the list, touch the blue arrow (located to the right of the screen.)
- Scroll the screen all the way to the top (drag your finger down the screen) and touch ‘Forget this Network’.
- Move the Wifi slider to the Off position.
- Move the Wifi slider back to the On position.
- Touch BereaSecure.
- Enter your username and password just as you do when you login to a computer.
- Accept the certificate.
Information for advanced users:
The following settings can be used to manually setup the wireless profile for BereaSecure on devices that may not have properly identified these settings automatically, or on devices that require fully manual configurations for secure wireless communication.
- Network authentication: WPA2-Enterprise
- Data encryption: AES
- Authentication type: PEAP
- Authentication protocol: MSCHAPv2
- Do not validate security certificate
If you still cannot access the wireless network please contact the TRC Help Desk at x3343 or visit us in the Hutchins Building and we will help you resolve this issue.
NOTE: Not all devices can connect to a secure wireless network. If you are using an E-Ink version of the Kindle please read this article for more information. Gaming consoles and other personal devices (Roku, Apple TV, etc.) also do not support enterprise security and will only connect to the ResNet wireless network. For more information on using these devices on the wireless network, please click here.